photo by Diana Rowland

photo by Diana Rowland

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dressage at Live Oak

The weather was beautiful again on Thursday, and the FEI entries did their vet check starting at 8 AM, then dressage began at 11:00 AM with the FEI Single Pony Class. Michael Freund kept a watchful eye on everyone warming up and gave us each some feedback before we made our way into the ring. I was second to go, and I was very pleased with Cooper's test. There are always things you wish you could improve upon, but he really worked hard for me throughout the test and I came out of the ring with a big smile on my face. We ended up with a 41.60, the best score in our class and the show EXCEPT for Chester Weber, who had a 37 something. Suzy was second with 48.90. Suzy is a great marathon driver and I like to have a bit more cushion between me and her :) The pressure is on! It was then off to walk the hazards again, and after dressage was over, Michael joined a group of us to walk them and give suggestions on routes. We changed a few routes and decided on some options we weren't sure about. I really appreciated being able to do this on Thursday, so we could concentrate on the fine points while walking the hazards on Friday.


Several hazards are brain teasers, gated in a way that makes it very easy to go through a gate backwards. You have to know exactly where you are at all times to avoid making a mistake.

No comments: